I absolutely love the feeling of walking into a tidy, organized bedroom! Few things keep me from a good night’s rest more than a messy bedroom. It’s taken me awhile to find the best ways to stay organized and I thought it would be fun to share a few. Let me know if you have any good tips for bedroom organization!
Highly Functional Furniture is KEY.
- Choose furniture that serves multiple purposes. Do you need a bed that has storage space built in? How many drawers does the side table have? Assess your space and your furniture and decide if your furniture helps keep you organized or if it is preventing you from being neat!
- If space allows, adding a vanity to your room can provide you with some additional storage and organization.
- Shelving and bookcases can make a huge difference in your room. Both of these provide you with additional storage and opportunities for you to show off your style.
- Manage the cords! Having our devices within reach can be very unsightly with tangled cords sticking out of the wall. Grabbing a simple cord clip from Command can help- they stick onto the back of your nightstand and keep your cords organized and untangled.
- The Bare Necessities: Don’t jam pack your nightstand with items that are unnecessary. Limit your nightstand to a couple style elements: a lamp, jewelry dish, framed photo, stack of books, and a vase of fresh flowers/candle. Less is more!
- A shoe drawer would make an excellent addition to your closet. This is especially helpful to see all your shoes in one tidy place!
- Visit my blog for more tips to declutter your closet!
Under the Bed
- Utilize every inch of storage that is provided underneath your bed and at the foot of your bed. I love the convenience a storage bench at the foot of the bed provides. Not only do you have an additional space to sit, but also to store bedding inside. Look at these great options for additional storage:
Put a System in Place
- Make sure that you know what belongs in each drawer you have in your room and stick with it. No junk drawers allowed!
- Select a hamper that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing. No need to hide it away in a closet, just make sure that it is cohesive with the aesthetic of your room.
Do you have more tips for your bedroom? Let me know in the comments section below!