The summer is coming to an end but things are still heating up here in Los Angeles. These last few weeks of summer are going to be jam packed (and sweltering!) with summer soirees so why not bring a treat that will help everyone cool down and enjoy the last moments of the season! I have a tasty Labor Day dessert recipe for Grilled Pineapple and Coconut Sorbet that is refreshing and health conscious! It’s especially great if you’re going to a BBQ since it is so easy to throw the pineapple on the grill. This recipe can be your swan song to a wonderful summer!
Grilled Pineapple and Coconut Sorbet
What you’ll need:
- 3 Tbsp dried shredded and sweetened coconut meat
- 6 ring slices of pineapple
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 cups of coconut sorbet (I love Ciao Bella’s Coconut Sorbet)
Let’s Make Dessert:
- Fire up the grill or stovetop grill pan. Like I said before, this is a great dessert recipe for a BBQ because you don’t have to heat up the kitchen.
- Spread the dried shredded and sweetened coconut meat evenly on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 30 second intervals until the pieces of coconut are lightly browned.
- Lightly brush the pineapple with honey on both sides.
- Grill the pineapple on each side until it lightly charred. (approx. 3 minutes on each side)
- Place the pineapple slice on a plate. Top the pineapple with ¼ cup sorbet. Sprinkle ½ tbsp of coconut.
Note: Mint is another great topping for this dish. Replace the shredded coconut shavings with mint leaves for an even more refreshing summer treat!
Let this recipe transport you to a cabana in a tropical location. Happy BBQing and enjoy your last bits of summer!