The scents of Christmas have arrived; cinnamon, peppermint, & evergreen are circulating in the air and they are making me so excited for the holidays! I love crafting and getting in the holiday spirit with my family. One simple Christmas craft to make during the holidays is a wreath for your door! Not only do you get to enjoy the irresistible scent of Christmas every time you walk into your home, you’ll save a little money by making it yourself & you can use that money to spoil your loved ones with gifts! Win, Win! Happy wreath making!
Instructions Via Sweet Paul Mag
What You’ll Need:
- Staw or Metal wreath form
- Wire cutters
- Thin green florist’s wire
- Greens (Evergreen, Boxwood or Eucalyptus will do)
- Red Pepperberries
Let’s Make Holiday Wreaths!
- Begin by securing the wire around the straw or metal wreath form.
- Make small bouquets of greenery and red berries. Small neat bouquets will produce a tight organized wreath, while large and loose bouquets will produce a more organic looking wreath.
- Start by securing one bouquet to the wreath by twisting the wire around the wreath tightly 3 times.
- Point one bouquet towards the center of the wreath and one towards the outside, so you’ll cover the entire area of the wreath.
- Continue securing bouquets around the wreath.
- Make the bouquets the same size & avoid the urge of making the bouquets larger to go faster.
- Once you reach where you began the wreath, lift up the first leaves and place another bouquet and secure with the florist wire.
- To hang the wreath, simply make a loop on the back with the wire and use it to hand on nail or with a ribbon.