It’s that time of year where we get to look back on 2016 and reflect on the year. Some of us commit to big resolutions in the New Year. Pledging to lose weight and save money can be easy resolutions to break. Small resolutions can be just as meaningful and easier to keep. Here are a couple small resolutions to consider for 2017!
- Less Screen Time: Put your phone down and enjoy the people in front of you! Making a conscious decision to put your phone away during family meals or when you’re out with friends is a small reminder that you are living in the present and are engaged in conversation. It’s also a great way to get restful sleep,
- Take the Stairs: Committing to exercise and losing weight for the new year can be daunting. Giving yourself easy to incorporate exercises, like opting for the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator, can make your weight loss goals more realistic and manageable.
- Clean Your Inbox: Spring cleaning is just around the corner, but your inbox might be the place you want to start. Dedicate time to go through and unsubscribe from email lists & reply to emails that have slipped through the cracks. Getting through unread emails and establishing order in your inbox will get you ready to conquer the New Year!
- Cook at Home: Even if it’s one meal a day or one meal a week, it’ll be a step in the right direction to a healthy diet! It’s also a fun way to reconnect with your loved ones after the holidays by setting up family dinners!
- Make an appointment: If you want to improve your health in the New Year, a good place to start is a check up with your doctor. So many people dread going to the doctor for their annual check ups. Just picking up the phone and setting a date is a step in the right direction.